In this vegan recipe (hello all those doing Veganuary!), the classic flavours of aloo gobi have been reinvented as a tasty tray bake. It’s fuss-free and ready in about 40 minutes, and can have some chicken added (hello me!) if you really don’t want to miss out on the meat. It’s the perfect quick and easy comfort food for busy work-nights, and is also dairy and gluten-free. Serve sprinkled with chopped coriander/cilantro and some wedges of zingy lime to squeeze over, then enjoy!
ALOO GOBI TRAY BAKE
425g/1 lb baby potatoes, scrubbed and halved
425 g/1 lb mixed cauliflower and broccoli florets
5 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
2 x 400 g/14 oz can chick peas, drained and rinsed
3 tbsp tikka curry paste
1 red chilli, seeded and sliced (optional)
25g/1 oz fresh coriander/cilantro
low-fat cooking spray or mist
lime wedges to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200 C/400 F/gas 6 and line a baking tray with easy-glide or non-stick baking paper.
- Par-boil the potatoes for 5 minutes then drain well.
- Place in a bowl with the cauliflower, broccoli, tomatoes and chick peas.
- Thin the paste slightly with a little water if very thick then add to the vegetable and chick pea mixture with the chilli, if used and half of the coriander/cilantro and toss to mix.
- Transfer to the prepared baking tray and spritz liberally with low-fat cooking spray or mist.
- Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle with the remaining coriander/cilantro to serve with lime wedges for squeezing over.
WLS PORTION: ½
V suitable for Vegans and Vegetarians
CALORIES PER PORTION: 300
PROTEIN: 15.4 g
CARBOHYDRATE: 42.7 g (sugars 6.7 g)
FAT: 7.1 g
Image courtesy of tesco.com