Burrata/Mozzarella with Sticky Roasted Cherry Tomatoes and Bariatric Portion Control Fork
Summer seems to be hitting a hot and sweet spot produce wise – loads of bargain tomatoes, herbs, soft and stoned fruits to feast on.
I never tire of that beguiling and perfectly matched combination of tomatoes with herbs and cheese and this is my latest go-to evening or lunchtime offering. It’s super simple and just the thing to eat in the sun-dappled shade outdoors.
In temperatures like the ones we have been enjoying (between the thunderstorms and floods) I prefer something lighter than usual but still full of flavour – these sticky roasted tomatoes served with burrata or mozzarella then drizzled with a balsamic dressing and sprinkled with basil and toasted pine nuts has just that density without the heaviness. I have used a burrata in the image above but you can use a half-fat mozzarella ball (or half if the portion is too large for you) just as well but the nutritional stats below differ.
Trust me when I say that it will be the sure-fire simplest supper winner of a dish you will make all summer!
BURRATA/MOZZARELLA WITH STICKY ROASTED TOMATOES
200 g/7 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
1 clove garlic, crushed
salt and freshly ground black pepper
low-fat olive oil cooking spray or mist
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
2 x 90 g/4 oz burrata or 2 x 125 g reduced-fat mozzarella balls
few whole basil leaves
2 tsp toasted pine nuts
2-3 tbsp fat-free French or Italian dressing
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/250 F/gas 4.
- Toss the tomatoes with the garlic and salt and pepper to taste and place on a baking tray. Spritz with low-fat cooking spray or mist. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and allow to cool.
- To serve, divide the tomatoes between 2 plates and top each with a burrata or mozzarella ball.
- Scatter a few leaves of fresh basil, the pine nuts and dressing over the top. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
WLS PORTION: ½-1
V suitable for Vegetarians
CALORIES PER PORTION: with burrata/with reduced-fat mozzarella 215/185
PROTEIN: 9.8 g/15 g
CARBOHYDRATE: 6.2 g/6.8 g
FAT: 15.3 g/10.5 g
Image copyright © Bariatric Cookery (UK) Ltd