Here is something perfect for a Hallow’een party when you want something to warm you up before or after taking the children out to trick and treat! This hearty stew is best cooked a day before and reheated, giving the flavours a chance to mingle together. Serve with a hot jacket potato if liked.
WICKEDLY SPICY HALLOW’EEN LAMB AND PUMPKIN STEW
Fry Light spray
1.4kg lamb fillet or lean shoulder of lamb, diced
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cinnamon
400g can chopped tomatoes
300ml lamb or chicken stock
500g diced pumpkin
4 tomatoes, quartered
2 tsp (or more) rose harissa paste
400g can chickpeas, drained
salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander or mint (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C/gas mark 4.
2. Spray a large flameproof casserole with Fry Light. Add the lamb, in batches, and cook over a high heat until browned on all sides. Remove as each batch is ready with a slotted spoon and set aside.
3. Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook, over a low heat, until softened, about 5-10 minutes. Add the spices and cook for 1 minute.
4. Return the lamb to the pan with the tomatoes and stock, mixing well. Cover and cook in the oven for 1 hour.
5. Add the pumpkin, tomatoes, harissa paste (to taste), chick peas and salt and pepper to taste. Add a little extra water if necessary. Cover and cook for a further 45 minutes.
6. Stir in the coriander or mint, if used, to serve.
WLS PORTION: 1/2
Courtesy of Meat Packs www.meatpacks.co.uk
Meat Packs delivers direct to your door. For further information and to see the fantastic range of other meat, fish and poultry products on offer see the above website or contact 0118 914 4594 to place your order.