I often ask at Support Group meetings and also on Forums what kind of recipes you would like and the answer is often for something simple. Many newbies also say that the soft or puréed stage of eating is tricky and they would like more help with ideas and recipes for this ‘amber’ stage.
The recipe that follows fits the bill in both circumstances – it’s amazingly simple with just 3 ingredients and ideal for that problematic soft stage that never seems to pass quickly enough.
4 ripe mangoes, peeled, stoned and diced (or use a ready-prepared fridge pack of sliced mango)
500 g/2 cups fat-free Greek yogurt (I used Fage)
1 tsp granulated sweetener (I used Natvia)
mint sprigs to decorate (optional)
- Purée one of the magoes or a quarter of the mango pieces in a blender or processor.
- Mix the mango purée with the diced mango.
- Mix the yogurt with the sweetener.
- Layer 2 tbsp of the mango mixture in the bottom of 4 serving glasses. Top with 1/8th of the yogurt mixture (about ¼ cup). Repeat and continue layering until you have used all the mango and yogurt mixture.
- Chill and serve ideally the same day as making. Decorate with a mint sprig if liked.
WLS PORTION: ½
V suitable for Vegetarians
CALORIES PER PORTION: 185
Image courtesy of Natvia