As we steadily march through 2014 to the half-way point (with our New Year Resolutions very firmly behind us and maybe even forgotten) it’s good to revisit and keep our weight-loss goals in mind. Reminding ourselves of these and looking at those of others can be especially motivating when the going gets a bit tough.
I found the reasons why many of my WLS friends wanted to lose weight often mirrored my own but seeing them on paper made them real and attainable. Here are some which motivated me to keep going…
* I want to be able to cross my legs comfortably.
* I want to be able to bend down and pick something off the floor easily.
* I want to be able to put on my socks, clip my toe-nails and lace my trainers without asking for help.
* I want to be able to sit in a fixed chair in a café.
* I want to be able to choose any chair in a venue not the largest or the most sturdy.
* I want to be able cut down on my medications on the say-so of my doctor, not increase them.
* I want to get a better night’s sleep.
* I want to be able to fasten the seat belt easily in the car; on an air flight; and negotiate the aisle of a plane without feeling embarrassed.
* I want to feel comfortable when socialising, shopping and going about my normal day-to-day life without worrying about how people are judging me and my size.
* I want to play with my kids; go for a swim; join the gym or just amble in the shopping mall without worrying about tiredness and my ability to do it for more than a few minutes.
* I want to shop in normal clothes shop for standard-range clothes and take advantage of sales items in regular sizes.
In other words I want to be NORMAL AND HEALTHY. I want to feel better about myself, my life, my health and my future. It’s a big ask but with the additional tool of WLS I believe I can do it!
What are your ultimate goals? Please leave a message to motivate others.