The choc fest is almost upon us and many I know will be visiting or hosting friends and family over this holiday time. Our latest Easter Newsletter (see here) will have given many of you some ideas for everyday and special eating as well as tips for making the most of this special time but for those who want a roast type meal (but one that doesn’t take all day to cook), and with the usual lamb, then here’s an extra recipe to consider. I used some fresh racks of lamb but there are some amazing deals for frozen ones at the moment to check out.
There’s also a round-up of some of the dishes that we have featured over the last few years and some links to previous recipes that could fit the bill.
PISTACHIO RACK OF LAMB WITH GREEK SALAD
75 g/1½ cups fresh white breadcrumbs
¾ tsp dried chilli flakes
50 g/scant ½ cup shelled pistachios, finely chopped
2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 racks of lamb, about 300 g/11 oz each
½ cucumber, roughly chopped
125 g/5 oz Santini or small cherry tomatoes, halved
60 g/generous 1/3 cup black/ripe olives, stoned
50 g/2 oz feta cheese, crumbled
small handful of chopped fresh parsley
3 tbsp low-fat or fat-free vinaigrette style dressing
roasted Jersey Royal or new potatoes, to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200 C/400 F/gas 6.
- Put the breadcrumbs in a bowl and stir in the chilli flakes, pistachios and rosemary. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread the mustard over one side of each rack of lamb. Press the breadcrumb mixture firmly on to the mustard and place in a roasting tin/pan. Cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the Greek salad. Mix the cucumber in a bowl with the tomatoes, olives, feta and parsley. Add the dressing and toss well to mix.
- Remove the lamb from the oven and leave to rest in a warm place for 5 minutes. Slice and serve with the prepared salad and roast potatoes if liked.
WLS PORTION: ½
CALORIES PER PORTION: 420 (lean meat and salad only)
Image courtesy of marksandspencer.com
Easter Lamb with Shallot and Chorizo Stuffing (recipe click here)
Devilled Easter Chicks (recipe click here)
Chocolate Mousse with Raspberries (recipe click here)
Easter Lemon Slice (recipe click here)
Bariatric Chocolate Nests (recipe click here)
Easter Hot Cross Bun Wreath (recipe click here)