I like to also serve this with a crisp green apple raita flavoured with just a little lime pickle.
Jalfrezi pastes can vary enormously in strength…I used the Patak one for making this dish.
PORK KOFTAS WITH JEWELLED COUSCOUS
1 Naan bread
salt and freshly ground black pepper
450g/1lb lean pork mince/ground pork
2 tbsp Jalfrezi paste
3 spring onions/scallions, finely chopped
1 red chilli, finely chopped
4 tbsp chopped fresh coriander/cilantro
200g/7 oz couscous
5 cherry tomatoes, chopped
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
juice of 1/2 lime
1 pomegranate, seeds removed
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C/350 F/gas mark 4.
2. In a food processor whizz the naan bread until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Mix the pork mince/ground pork with the naan crumbs, jalfrezi paste, spring onions/scallions, red chilli and half of the coriander/cilantro. Divide and shape into about 20 balls and place on a non-stick baking tray.
4. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, turning over and draining away any fat after 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile make up the couscous according to the packet instructions. Add the tomatoes, remaining coriander/cilantro, onion, lime juice and pomegranate seeds, mixing well.
6. Serve the koftas on the prepared couscous with a side dish of apple raita if liked.
WLS PORTION: 1/2
Image courtesy of Pataks