It’s Chocolate Week but it’s also Monday morning so my 1st foray into this celebration is a simple enough affair – oats with a chocolate touch! Here’s a bowl of scrummy oats made with my fave protein powder of the moment (Blissful Brown Rice and Raw Cacao Super Protein from That Protein, since you ask) topped with a few blackberries and chocolate shavings for extra yummyness. I like this protein powder because unlike so many we WLS patients are faced with it isn’t overly sweet – indeed I often add a little choc shot or sugar-free syrup to get the sweetness I want – it does however have a great nutritional profile and a deep chocolate taste.
This little intense bowlful will keep me going this morning – the start to a hectic week!
CHOCOLATE ‘BLACK MAGIC’ OATY PORRIDGE
200 ml/scant 1 cup milk (I used skimmed)
30 g/generous 3 tbsp porridge oats
1 tbsp chocolate protein powder (I used Blissful Brown Rice and Raw Cacao from That Protein – for more details click here) or cocoa powder
1 tbsp choc shot sweetener or other low-calorie sweetener of choice to taste
1 small square dark unsweetened chocolate, chopped (I used High Protein Chocolate)
few blackberries to top
- Place the milk, oats, protein powder (or cocoa powder) and chocolate in a jug, mixing well
- Heat on FULL POWER in the microwave for 2 minutes (my times are based on a 900 watt model).
- Stir very well and cook for a further 20-30 seconds.
- Add the choc shot or other sweetener and stir well to mix.
- Spoon into a serving bowl and top with the chopped chocolate and blackberries to serve.
WLS PORTION: ½
V suitable for Vegetarians
CALORIES PER PORTION: 328
Image © copyright of Bariatric Cookery (UK) Ltd
- A Chilly Day Breakfast Bowlful
- It’s Chocolate Week!
- Chocolate ‘may help keep people slim’.
- A Chocolate Easter Treat You Can Enjoy!
- At the Heart of Valentine’s Day … Chocolate
- Simply Gorgeous Protein Brownies
- Choccy-Chia Pudding
- A Teatime Treat
- Best-Ever Chocolate Ice Cream
- Become A Bariatric Barista For A WLS-Friendly Frappuccino
- Blissful Very Berry Smoothie Bowl
- A Jarring Experience – Give Us A Bake!